Monday, November 29, 2010

Journal Entry: " What is the meanest thing that has ever happened to you?"

Really?  This is the first little piece of paper that I would pull out of the jar... well, ok then.  


As I think back on my 22 years of life almost 23 years now there are several things that come to mind for being "mean" things, but so many of them don't really compare to the lies I have heard over the past few years.  However I think for now it is best to skip that and do my best to move on, so I will look back even farther.  


One thing I can tell you is my memory is far from great so if I remember the situation wrong, please please correct me.  


I have dug up one... something that has stuck with me for a very long time.  Lets go back to the days when we had recess, where we tried very hard to color in the lines, snack time, and when boys had cooties. My parents had just moved houses and I was to go from kindergarten at one elementary school to another.  I did not have any friends at this elementary school I was going to attend and back then believe it or not I was shy (No joke, I was shy).   A lot of you know I grew up with a skin condition atopic dermatitis; It is a type of eczema.  When I was little I had it really bad.  We joke now in my family that I was just one big SCAB. haha!  So back to the story; I am a new little, shy girl at a new school with this skin condition that is just horrible and not easy to control at that young of an age.  I am not sure how long I was at this school, but one day on the playground I heard some girls laughing so I turned around.  Needless to say they were laughing at me! But for what! Well, out of the blue I heard these words... "CHICKEN POX GIRL".  I would have rather had chicken pox then deal with the tortuous nights of scratching because I was incredibly itchy, but that hurt down to the bone.  And here I am telling you this story because it has stuck in my mind through all this time.  Now I know those girls may not remember that moment in my life that has stuck with me so long and really they don't need to.  It was just a moment in time that has stuck with me and that I will teach my children one day that some people are given things to overcome and having a skin disease might be one of them.  


There are a few more stories, but I will save them in case I pull something else like this from the jar. 


Love, 
:Chels 

No comments:

Post a Comment