Sunday, November 7, 2010

Favorite Scripture


THE
DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS
OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
SECTION 6

36:  Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. 


Today, being Sunday I thought I would share my favorite scripture with all of you.  For some reason the last few days have been quite rough.  Ask me why?  I can't tell you because I really don't know.  However, today during our relief society lesson my favorite scripture came to mind.  I love the Doctrine & Covenants.    I really came to love it during my Freshman year of seminary... I had such a wonderful teacher that year (yes, many of you might be thinking... she went to seminary... my Freshman year was a terrific year going, despite the "Young Household" family joke I did attend that year....).  That year made me realize how much I love D&C.  Anyway, D&C 6:36 is a short one.  I believe it is short and powerful.  There is not doubt and fear when it comes to the Lord, but it does require us to train the natural man to look unto our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ in the hardest of times.  It is one of our biggest challenges to turn to Them during times of struggle & need.  I think with this scripture it reminds us to turn to Them at anytime in our lives;  especially in times of need, turmoil, & trial.  It is our duty to include Him in all things and to find strength in our Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ to carry us through.  We must not go through things alone and if we do what the scripture states there is not reason to doubt or fear our Heavenly Father's will.  


With Love & Gratitude, 
Chels 

1 comment:

  1. Chels!
    Didn't we have the same seminary teacher freshman year? I think so! She was really good and the D&C is awesome and I also love section 6! Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete