Sunday, December 12, 2010

A few creative moments!




- George Bernard Shaw

Just thought I would share some ideas/ some of my fun creative moments I have had recently...

This was a diaper cake that I made for Kim Midkiff in Oregon and see those very colorful lollipop looking things... I made those too.  They are cake, I got the idea from bakerella.com and just took my own approach on them ...... The diaper cake was true inspiration... not a copy cat at all, ONE OF A KIND! :)

Next up my current project! 
 



I know these might look strange, but this is just the beginning product... I am not sure where these ideas come from at times, but they do so I accept the challenge and the hours it takes to do it just right.  Not many of you know that I am helping my mom coach the cheer squad at her school... It was a last minute deal where my mom stepped up to the plate in late October and offered to be the coach because if not no one else wanted to do it so there would not be any squad at all. Lucky for my mom I moved home and what a great opportunity for me to do something I love.  Long story short, my older sister Tipton is making bows for the girls and we had some extra white ribbon left over... me being me ..realized we had decided not to put the girls' names on their bags ( last minute orders for Cheer Gear... yikes!).  My brilliant idea is to make the ribbon it to cute " luggage tags" in a way for their bags.  This is only the beginning product.  Once I get through all the steps and finish them I will post the final pictures. Just to tell you what I have so far... By hand I wrote out the girls' names on the strips of ribbon and filled in the letters with glitter glue... These are drying and will have to for several several hours... As you can see I have placed some buttons and other little rhinestones... Those all are going to get sewn on... probably... well yes by hand.  Anyway... Between that and getting a routine together for the squad and many other duties... I have been kept busy.  Wish me luck that this "bright" idea I have and that it turns out to what I imagine it to be... 

And last but not least stay tuned for the "framed letters" I am going to attempt for my older sister's little girls room... I can't wait for that one! 

Love, 
:Chels 

Ps: I love creative moods! 

No comments:

Post a Comment