Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trip from OR Through CA to Vegas

I have made it back to Vegas... got here on Saturday.  My dad flew into Medford on Friday the 15th and I picked him up from the airport in the morning and we left straight from there.   Our journey took us down I-5 through CA up to Redding.  I didn't get any photos of Mt. Shasta and Shasta Lake but they were BEAUTIFUL.  Just south of Redding we hopped on to another highway to make it in to Marysville to see my dad's mom.  


After our stop in Marysville we made it to Fresno and decided to stay the night, we both were exhausted!  In the morning we made our way to the last leg of the trip.  When we hit bakersfield just on the outskirts we found this great family farm.  It is called Murray Family Farms.  We ate, looked around, talked to a few people.  It was a cute little place with some wonderful Fruit. 




Our new favorite fruit... The yellow/green colored fruit in the middle and the ones on the far right are both different types of Pluot.  They are a mix of a plum and and apricot. DELICIOUS!


Preparing our Roasted Corn. 



The Aftermath of the Roasted Corn. 


Tasting Center with all kinds of fruits




After all those fun adventures we finally made it back to Las Vegas Saturday Evening! I really enjoyed spending the time with my dad and I am glad to be back home.  

Love, 
Chels






No comments:

Post a Comment